5 Things to do your first week in Ridgecrest
- Watch a sunset: This is something you can do from your yard, a park, or the top of the Rademachers, but take the time to sit down and absorb the colors of a sunset.
- Go for a hike: Depending on the time of year, you may need to go very early in the morning, but there are lots of nearby spots that are great for exploring. Lace up your shoes, put on sunscreen and a hat, and don’t forget your water!
- Visit a museum: Three local museums offer different insights into what makes Ridgecrest unique. The Maturango Museum demonstrates the natural history. The Historical Society of the Upper Mojave Desert is located in the Historic USO and displays cultural history. The China Lake Museum now has a location off base which shares some of the unique achievements in Naval air and surface armament and technology done here.
- Try a new restaurant: The local restaurant’s may not have familiar names, but many have quality dishes that rival any big city chain. Try something different and find your new favorite.
- Find an adventure: Head to RidgecrestEvents.com to find something that interests you. There is a wide variety of interests in Ridgecrest, and chances are there is a group that gathers to share that interest. This is a great place to identify a new experience and get involved!